Blue Collar Rust (BCR) is committed to providing an entertaining, non-toxic, and inclusive gaming environment for working adults, who might not be able to play as uninterruptedly as other gamers. Players of any age are free to join, but working adults will always be our prioritized demographic. BCR is committed to building and growing an engaged community of players without the toxicity that so often plagues the gaming community.
VALUES & GOALS
• Blue Collar Rust recognizes that it would not exist without the community of players that call BCR home. In that, we also recognize that we must adapt and grow along with the community, and in doing so will always listen to our community for ways to improve our service.
• We will always value the priorities of real-life demands over those found in the virtual world. We view video games as a hobby and recreational pursuit; not something that should be taken too seriously.
• Our main goal is to provide a non-toxic, entertaining, and optimized playing environment for our players.
• Toward providing a non-toxic environment, BCR does not tolerate language that is intolerant toward any player; whether that be related race, creed, sexuality, gender, marital status, political ideology, or any other factor. We also understand it’s human nature to get upset at times, and we allow for players to vent frustration so long as it does not include non-tolerated language, harassment of other players, or grow into a pattern of toxic behavior.
• Toward providing an entertaining environment, BCR continually pursues new additions that will benefit players’ experience on the servers. This includes but is not limited to: securing new plugins; adding new builds to NPC bases; and hosting server events.
• Toward providing an optimized environment, BCR strives to maintain a balance between player experience and the performance of the physical server. BCR relies on numerous plugins to provide the player experience found on its server, and therefor issues with poorly coded or outdated plugins will always be a potential issue. When issues arise, we will err on the side of optimized performance of the server, over individual plugins.