SPECIFIC RULES FOR BCR Original PvPvE
- All major monuments have a visible bubble around them indicating the extent of the PvP Zone. Depending on the map, those zones may extend into and encompass parts of nearby minor monuments. Cargo Ship is also a PvP zone, but due to the nature of it moving, there is no visible bubble.
- In addition, Heli crash sites and Bradley crash sites create temporary PvP zones. These temporary zones will NOT have a visible bubble indicating the zone. Players will need to pay attention to on-screen notifications for when they enter these crash zone areas.
- The two NPC bosses, Karens, drop a Hackable Crate upon death. When the crate is activated, it will create a temporary, invisible PvP bubble just like the Heli and Bradley crash sites.
"- All Raidable Bases, both random spawn and player bought, have visible PvP bubbles around them.
- Abadoned Bases will also create PvP bubbles around them and additionally will have a marker indicating their location on the map",
- Bases built inside monument PvP zones are able to take damage. Double check where you are building before you start building."
CLAN / TEAM SIZES
- Clans are limited to a maximum of 8 members.
- Players are not allowed to engage in PvP outside of their base/compound in groups larger than four.
- All players engaging in PvP, raiding or countering, MUST be a part of the same clan. If someone wants to join your group, but your clan is full, you must kick someone out before allowing them to join. Exceptions will be made for solos temporarily working as a group of two
- Clans may defend as compound up to the maximum clan size of 8. However, This ruling is for DEFENSE only. Players are in a defensive posture only if they remain within their base or compound, and ONLY attack players coming to attack their base or heli/brad loot.
- Groups exceeding four for Defensive purposes is only allowed at a pre-existing base, and is not allowed at Raidable or Abandoned Bases zones. Any temporary bases or bases built for the purpose to to counter a raid or loot, are not allowed to have more than a group of four working at it during PvP situations.
- Unless every player involved in a PvP situation agrees, no one is allowed to be a spectator.
- Group limits are NOT enforced during Purge."
TRAPS & TURRETS
Traps and turrets within a personal base or compound are acceptable, however some rules apply:
- Turrets are not allowed shoot players in public spaces. This includes players anywhere on terrain outside of a base or compound. Anywhere a player can go by simply jumping or running, they need to be safe from turrets. Only exception is if a player gets into a clearly walled-off compound.
"- Turrets can shoot players in buildings overlooking a base or if they are trying to boost, twig, or ladder into a base. Turrets are also allowed to shoot anyone flying on a minicopter, regardless if they are not inside/over the base or compound walls.
- Turrets must only be used to defend the interior spaces once a player enters your compound/base, and/or attempts to land on your roof. They cannot shoot past open door into public spaces. Players have to be safe outside of bases, but as soon as they enter cross the plane of a door, into a base, they can be considered trespassing.
- Turrets used for defense at Raidable or Abandoned Bases, are not allowed to shoot players that are outside of the PvP bubble.
- Administrators will remove any offending turrets or traps. Players will not be reimbursed."
BASE BUILDING / GRIEFING
Base Building & Land Claiming:
- It is prohibited to wall off any monument, any section of a monument, or any public quarry.
- Players are not allowed to build within a compound of another player or clan unless they have permission from the owner. To claim an area, players must completely secure an area with external walls.
- Players are allowed to temporarily claim an area by creating a perimeter of external TC’s. The owner(s) have 48 hours in which other players cannot build within the perimeter. If external walls are not used to secure the area within 48 hours, other players are then allowed to build in any open areas within the perimeter of the external TC’s.
- Bases in which the owner(s) have been offline for 96 hours (4 days) will be marked as Abandoned and will become raidable. Ownership is defined by the players authorized on the TC. Once a base becomes abandoned, it will appear on the map with a purple marker, and a semi-transparent dome will appear around it, designating the PvP area.
- Any building or use of deployables to intentionally create lag is prohibited.
- Players are not allowed to build in such a way that impedes other players' existing structures, compounds, or bases. Players need to be able to freely enter/leave their compound on foot.
"- Players/Clans may build one structure outside of someone else's base in prep for raiding during Purge, so long as it does not break any part of the above rule. Admins have the discretion to remove any structures, without warning, that break griefing rules.
- Players/Clans may build multiple “Purge prep” bases at different enemy compounds across the map, but they are limited to only one prep base at any given compound. Clans are not allowed to build multiple structures around a single enemy compound/base.
- If a purge-prep or counter base is built next to someone, the original base owners are allowed to put up walls for the sole purpose of blocking site lines. However, they must not impede the other players' ability to enter/exit.
- Twig can be destroyed, but it is against the rules to destroy twig while someone is actively building.
LOOTING / TRAP BASES
- Looting is acceptable. However, players are responsible for their own actions; if they get stuck or are killed inside someone else’s compound/base, admins will not help.
- It is advised to practice smart building, and to lock all boxes, inside and outside, and to build furnaces indoors, if you are unable to lock them outside.
- Players may destroy twig to gain entrance and loot an unoccupied base, but they are still responsible for the consequences if they become stuck or die.
- Trap Bases are allowed so long as there is no baiting involved, they have to be voluntarily found and entered (no vending machines, and no invitations to lure players inside.
- Traps and Turrets cannot shoot outside of the trap base in any fashion. Players must remain safe until they cross the threshold/doorway of the trap base. Trap bases must follow the same rules as any normal player built base.
- If you enter any base that is not yours, without an invitation, your safety is your responsibility.
Admins will not help anyone stuck in a base, or help them get their loot.
RAIDABLE & ABANDONED BASES
- Raidable Bases will spawn randomly across the map and have a visible PvP bubble around them. These bases are made of all HQM and are designed to discourage foundation wiping.
- Group limits are enforced at all Raid Bases. They are all public, and counters are allowed.
- Players can also purcahse Raid Bases in the /s store under Commands. These bases are also public,and counters are allowed. After a successful purchase, the player will receive a message in chat indicating where the base has spawned. It might not always be right next to the player.
- Players are allowed to build bases next to Raid Bases to help defend their raid from counters. Defense bases built at Raid bases MUST be entirely inside the PvP line, or entirely outside. Players are not allowed to build or place walls straddling the PvP line.
- Turrets are allowed to be outside to guard the raid, so long as they only shoot players that are inside the PvP buble and cannot shoot anyone outside of the line.
- Raid Raidable Bases will despawn 60 minutes after the TC has been destroyed/looted. Additionally, any structures built within the area AFTER the Raid Base has spawned, will despawn with the zone.
- To help clean up old entities and bases of players not returning, bases in which it's owners have been offline for more than 96 hours (four days) will become Abandoned and can be raided.
- All rules regarding raiding and countering abandoned bases are the same as for Raidable Bases.
- All members authorized on a bases TC are counted toward the offline timer. Only one member needs to log on to reset the timer.
- Any sleepers remaining inside of Abandoned Bases are able to be killed.
- Sleepers in public spaces will be automatically killed after being offline for 96 hours.
- Server Donors are exempt from all Abandoned Base limitations. Their bases will never become abandoned, regardless of how long they stay offline.
- During Purge, the entire map becomes PvP and the only rules enforced are ones regarding behavior, exploits, cheating, etc.
- Group limits are lifted during Purge, and players can group or roam with as many as they want.
- Purge is scheduled for the first, third and fifth Tuesdays of each month, beginning at 9 p.m. (ET) and ending with server wipe the following Thursday.